Date(s) - 27/03/2012 - 29/03/2012
- Partition, succession and irredentism
- The legality of boundaries and citizenship rules
- Boundary surveillance and enforcement
- Border controls, passports and identity documents
- Territorial and non-territorial sub-national claims
- Social and symbolic boundaries and everyday practices
- Symbolic boundaries and identity formation
- The mechanisms of boundary formation, transgression and change
- Interactions between physical and symbolic boundaries.
Plenary speakers included:
Rogers Brubaker (UCLA); Miguel Centeno (Princeton); Mary Fulbrook (UCL); Richard Jenkins (Sheffield); Michele Lamont (Harvard); Wendy Pullan (Cambridge); Workshops: Jon Fox and Michael Banton. Plenary videos are available on YouTube.
Organised by: Jennifer Jackson and Lina Molokotos-Liederman