ASEN, via the Journal, Nations and Nationalism and Studies in Ethnicity and Nationalism (both published by John Wiley & Sons, Inc.), holds author data including your name, affiliation, institution, discipline, contact details, bio details, funding information, key words.
Purpose and legal basis
The data is stored in order to publish the journal and maintain online presence of the articles. This is done under the legal basis of an agreement between author and journal.
Location and Security
The data held is not sensitive, is required on submission and is stored on the online platform, ScholarOne (Clarivate Analytics), access to which is password protected.
- Clarivate Analytics Privacy Statement https://clarivate.com/legal/privacy-statement/
- GDPR FAQ https://clarivate.com/legal/gdpr-faq
The personal data is held indefinitely as it forms the basis of published and publicly-available material.
You can withdraw consent for the data held. To request this please email the managing editor of the journal on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you have a number of rights with regard to your personal data.
- You have the right to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data
- You have the right to restrict processing, object to processing as well as in certain circumstances the right to data portability.
- If you have provided consent for the processing of your data you have the right (in certain circumstances) to withdraw that consent at any time which will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent was withdrawn.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information Commissioners’ Office if you believe that we have not complied with the requirements of the GDPR with regard to your personal data.
You can request any of these by emailing the Managing Editor of the journal.
Managing Editor of Nations and Nationalism can be reached on email@example.com
Managing Editor of Studies in Ethnicity and Nationalism can be reached on firstname.lastname@example.org.