Date(s) - 31/03/2009
The 19th ASEN Annual Conference was titled ‘Nationalism and Globalisation’ and took place between 31st March and 2nd April 2009 at the London School of Economics. The conference focused on the impact of globalisation on national identity, national sovereignty, state-formation, and the ways in which nationalism has shaped globalising processes.
- Conflicting or complementary phenomena?
- Nationalism and global political conflict
- Global migration patterns and national identities
- Globalisation and the emergence of new forms of nationalism
- The impact of globalisation on national culture
- Nationalism versus supranationalism
Plenary speakers included:
Stephen Castles (Oxford); John Hall (McGill); Michael Keating (Aberdeen); Stephanie Lawson (Macquarie); Juergen Osterhammel (University of Kostanz); John Sidel (LSE)
Organised by: Daphne Halikiopoulou and Sofia Vasilopoulou